Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hearing loss in my right year?

I'm 16 and I think I might be losing the hearing in my right ear. It started on Thursday last week I think. I can hear about a fourth less that what a I can hear in my left ear. So my Left ear=100%, my Right ear=75%. It's really starting to bother me. I hate when people talk to me because the difference in hearing seems huge. Could it be drainage or something? I really hope it's not hearing loss.Hearing loss in my right year?
As with adults, teenagers have a bad habit of mistreating their ears. Head trauma (which can cause conductive hearing loss, sensorineural hearing loss, or both), noise trauma (if you listen to loud music), ear canal or eardrum trauma (from cleaning ear wax with inappropriate instruments) are all common. Sometimes, hearing loss is related to allergy or chronic sinusitis. If you have cases of hearing loss in your family, your chances could be higher.
I don't want to alarm you-and probably it is just nothing. You might just have blocked water in your ears! The best thing would be for you to go and see a doctor. Even if you think it's not a big thing. It's best to check it out.
You really should see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. I thought I was going deaf about 6 months ago and found out that I had drainage in my left ear canal...that my regular physician obviously didn't see. The doctor performed a simple, in office procedure to drain the fluid and I'm back to 100 percent. Tell your parents to take you to the doctor...don't play with your hearing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment