Saturday, October 23, 2010

HELP! My step daughter has a VIOLENT stomach bug! How can I sanitize my couch so my toddler wont get sick?

She has been laying on the couch since she threw up the first time. My 13 month old cuddles on the couch all the time. I use lysol and diluted bleach on hard surfaces. We also wash our hands constantly. I am worried about making sure they're NO germs living on the couch so my baby doesn't get sick! I can't use any bleach on it because it's a very dark green! Thanks in advance for the advice!!HELP! My step daughter has a VIOLENT stomach bug! How can I sanitize my couch so my toddler wont get sick?
try febreeze antibacterial, or if you dont like the idea of too many harsh chemicals around your child , go to a natural health store and find something like tea tree oil.
You can use Lysol spray, but you really need to keep them apart, make sure everyone washes their hands, and keep their hands away from there face, disinfect the toys, doors knobs and all hand sanitizers are good to use also,.
First off throw out the lysol as this is a registered pesticide and is not something you want to use around a baby. Also bleach is very hazardous. Switch to all natural cleaning products for the health and SAFETY of your baby. Your baby has already been exposed to the flu germs the step daughter has so cleaning the couch is probably not necessary, If you feel you must clean it vacuum it thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment