Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How can I make my voice louder and raspy?

I want to increase the tone of my voice to the loudest and make it raspy. How can I make my voice raspy?How can I make my voice louder and raspy?
why? raspy voices are indicative of vocal nodules, which are extremely difficult to get rid of, or many other conditions in which vocal fold abuse has occured. Loudness can actually be the cause of many of these conditions. When your voice has a change like you describe, there has been a change to the membrane of the vocal fold. As a Speech language pathologist, I can not warn you enough against this plan.
Why would you want to make your voice "raspy"?? Raspy voices are damaged vocal chords. Not something that can really be fixed once you've done it.
Your voice is what it is. See a voice therapist if you are having problems.
Scream as loud as you possible!
Actors and actresses make their voices that way by screaming. I read an article once where an actress said her vocal coach took her to the grand canyon and made her scream across it for several hours a day for a few months. essentially you are scarring your vocal cords, so when the air moves across it it makes the voice raspy because of the unevenness. i doubt you'll want to go to the grand canyon, but you can try screaming into a pillow to cover the noise.
scream at the top of your lungs and take up smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment