Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How can a company get away with this?

I just bought a lotion that was supposed to be good for evening out skin tone. I saw that it was SPF15 which I always like to use during the day. Well, I just looked at the back of the bottle and read in small letters:
"SUNBURN ALERT: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Limit sun exposure while using this product and use a sunscreen for a week afterwards."
HOW can a company put SPF15 on the SAME LOTION that it puts that warning?!?!How can a company get away with this?
The two are not mutually exclusive. SPF 15 means that your skin's resistance to UV damage is increased by a factor of 15 from its base level.
The alpha hydroxy acts to lower the base level. I doubt that the effect is very great, but if you are very fair skinned, you may be well served by the warning.
I guess they are a good example of read the fine print. There are many dishonest products on the market.
What the...so it has SPF 15 but can increase risk of sunburn, sounds crazy to me.
Seems pretty clear to me. It's to protect you. It's not mean to be a tanning product. The SPF 15 is to protect you while using the alpha-hydroxy. I don't get how you all can be confused on this.
You bought a special lotion to even out skin tone. It contains alpha-hydroxy which you aren't supposed to get too much sun with. So they added SPF 15 to help with that. What don't you get?
Get color E sceince it works!
SPF 15 is only meant for people who are not going to have much sun exposure. If you plan on going in to direct sunshine you need a higher SPF. I usually use 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment