Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Horrible migranes?

I get these horrible migranes. I feel like I'm going to throw up, and my head hurts really, really bad. Sometimes it comes with a fever.
I get them for a short amount of time, like two to three weeks, and then I won't have them again for a year. I've been having them for as long as I can remember. When I was little, they occured more often. Now they occur less often but they're so much worse.
This morning was the worst. I couldn't move when I woke up, and I was getting chills. I thought I was going to puke. It got worse when someone started playing the piano downstairs. I tried to tell someone about it, but I am reputed as being a drama queen, so no one believed I had this migrane.
Should I tell a doctor? Should I take a Tylenol or something? I'm not really sure what to do...Horrible migranes?
I get these migraines from having hormone problems. The best thing that I do is have a luke warm shower. Sit under the shower head (don't make the water too hot and not too cold as it will make the symptoms worse) for as long as you can. When you get out have a hot couple of tea with a few sugars. I always find the my blood sugar level is low and it increases the length of the migraine. I have used chocolate once but I felt alot better with the tea. When the pain goes have something to eat something like a salad with tuna./chicken/ham. The more protein you eat the better - stay away from the carbs. Take a few painkillers as soon as you feel it coming on. Good luck! It wouldn't hurt to see a doctor they will run a few test to make sure its nothing serious.
Of course you should see a doctor about it! Don't postpone it any longer. Hope you'll feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment